Saturday, 7 March 2009

Our little hyphochondriac is learning to nag

I like my tracksuit pants. They are however well worn and in the final stages of disintegration. I dont like buying clothes so I dont. This annoys Sara somewhat but I didnt think Katie was old enough to be embarassed by her old man yet. She came up to me while I was sitting at the table, looked at my knees (through my pants) and said "they are broken. Dad buy new!" Now Im getting nagged from both sides!!!

After being read stories about cats sawing their legs off, birds nailing their beaks and little boys falling off tables, Katie has turned into a bit of a hypochondriac! Whenever she bangs her hand, bumps her knee or thinks about something that hurts she comes running up to us, grabs us by the hand and leads the way straight to the medicine cabinet to get a plaster. We have explained to her that you only use plasters when there is blood but it hasnt sunk in!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have the cute plasters with pictures on them and not boring brown ones! We even have special bandages at the clinic with paw prints and cat/dog faces!

    As for the pants - Im surprised you actually own tracksuit pants! They may last to the end of the season - it is nearly summer after all. Then you could bring them home with you and gran could patch them for you!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh heh well said Jill :)
    No use bringing them home to Mum. They would go straight into the rag bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have really cute plasters, Disney ones. I think that is part of the thrill...

    ReplyDelete